Sunday Haeundae.



the dark areas are where they grow the seawee
Today was fantastic. The weather was great. Kate picked me up and we had a great lunch. She keeps treating me to lunch - she truly is awesome! It's fun to eat with her because she knows exactly what to order! After, we stopped for coffee and went on a journey to Haeundae, which is an area of Busan. Here, is another beach of Busan. It was gorgeous! Great views of the bridge and the area reminded me of San Francisco.. which happens to be one of my favorite places of ever. We went to an art gallery and they have different exhibits every so often. This time, it was "Timeless." There were old record players from 1905 and other old objects. The time period of the early 1900s happens to be one of my favorite time periods because I think all of the vintage items are beautiful. It was super awesome and I can't wait to go back when the exhibit changes. We also went into an art gallery of water paintings. I've never been to an actual art gallery before so it was pretty cool. Both of these things were free. I cannot get over the fact that all of these awesome places are free to go to. It's wonderful. The beach area was really fun, although it was super windy today. The weather was still great and we drove with the top down. I loved it. What's cool about this particular beach is that they have blocked off sections of the water where they grow seaweed to later sell.


We were going to hit up Costco but today happens to be one of the days they were closed. Big stores like this have to close two days out of the month per the government to help out the locals selling their products at the markets. Pretty nice, I'd say.

 Next week is a short week due to the Lunar New Year. Kate actually invited me to her house, which I'm excited about because I'll get to see this Korean tradition first-hand. They prepare food all week and then early in the morning on this upcoming Friday, they set the table for their ancestors. This will be exciting for me. I still have no plans for my birthday but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'm also going to hit up Geoje Island because there's a POW camp museum type thing there. The entire island was used as a POW camp in the 1950s. I love learning about things like this so I'm really excited. (My favorite museum that I've ever been to happens to be the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam!) Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Peace.

Comments