I'm A Seoul Survivor!



Hey so last weekend I went to Seoul! I had Monday and Tuesday off this week because of Children's Day and Buddha's Birthday. We celebrated Children's Day last Friday. It was a good time. We ate lots of kimbap (Korean style sushi roll) and cake and played for pretty much the entire day. After work, I headed to one of the best decorated temples for Buddha's birthday. It was great.

I stayed in my first hostel in Seoul. It was clean, cheap, and surprisingly comfortable. We had a cookout on the rooftop and I met many Korean people. It was a good time. In Seoul, I got to see the changing of the guards at a palace. I went to the touristy areas and I hated them because of how crowded they were.

Sunday, I was in Dunkin Donuts and a random person started talking to me. He's from England and he was super nice. We talked for about an hour. We parted but ended up meeting up for drinks later that night. He's from the area so he took me to all the coolest spots. Seoul has so many music bars. They are these bars that play freakin amazing music. The inside is lined with shelves filled with sooo many record albums. I loved the atmosphere. It's very common to stay out until 6:00AM here. Bars, clubs, restaurants, the whole nine yards - they're all open that late and it's totally acceptable to be out and about all night. The streets are actually filled with dozens of people, even at sunrise. It was a great night. I met so many people.

I headed out to Nami Island the next day. The island is about an hours train ride away from Seoul and a short walk to the ferry. I loved the island. It was great. They had real live ostriches and the entire island was so artsy and was filled with cool sculptures, statues, and paintings. The only thing that kind of was horrendous was the fact of how crowded it was. It felt like the entire country had the same idea as me on what to do on their day off.

I'll leave this post with pictures and videos that speak for my adventures because I'm extremely lazy and don't feel like writing any more! Beware though, there are lots of pictures - it might take some time to load. :)























the best ice cream!!! it has honey chips

these dragons actually moved and breathed fire! so cool









































what the actual fuck



wild peacock!





Nami Island is part of South Korea but you do need to buy a visa to get in. Korean Won works as a form of money, but they also use their own money too.
inside of the hostel!

holy shit look at how big this crab is!

my friend Owen - the one I met during training when I first came to Korea. We met up for some dinner while I was in Seoul

Hanok Village in Seoul. Traditional style houses





Comments