I added 'update blog' on my to-do list so here I am, updating my blog even though I don't have much to say. There's nothing like crossing something off your to-do list. It's so satisfying.

Anywho, my week was normal. I met with the children's parents for parent/teacher conference. I mainly just sat and smiled. I had my first meeting with Julie's friend, MJ. She's sooo nice! We went to Starbucks and in addition to my free coffee, she gave me a mug! She got a mug for spending over 15,000won. I love mugs. I met with her again last night and I've discovered my new favorite coffee shop in my city so far - Babeans. It's real cute inside and they serve brunch. I love places who serve brunch because it's so uncommon to see here. Breakfast places serve about a million different kinds of bread and breakfast sandwiches are rare. Did you know that a typical breakfast in Korea consists of rice and soup? Who the hell wants to eat rice or soup in morning? I mean hey, knock yourself out. I just think it's weird because I'm not accustomed to it. But why can we eat bacon and sausage for breakfast but if I were to eat a hamburger it would be weird? Anyyyyyways, MJ wants to cook for me and apparently so do her friends. Everyone wants to cook for me while I speak to them in English. I absolutely love it. The big big boss is concerned that I'm being used. I heard through the grapevine that she pretty much scolded Hannah for introducing me to her friends (the Korean women that I meet with on Thursday). But I have no problem with it and I'm my own person and can do whatever the hell I want to do in my spare time. Apparently people go ape shit to have a conversation with a native English speaker - I'm practically an American prodigy here in my small city. But I really don't mind and I love all the free shit I get in return! Of course no one would ever tell me their concerns directly to my face. Rah.

Dunkin Donuts - Korea style
So nothing really new is going on this week. The upcoming weeks and weekends are eventful but I'll update about it when they occur. Last weekend I didn't do much - mainly shopped and ate delicious, well presented food. I treated myself to a massage (the one by a friend of a friend), facial, and pedicure! Pedicures here are ridiculously expensive - blah!! But whatevs. I needed one and it was well deserved.

You know what I find soooo annoying? Is that you literally can only order your coffee black. If you want milk in it, they think you're crazy and make you get a latte which is really a cappuccino with TOOOOO MUCH STUPID FOAM. Sometimes a girl just wants a little milk in her coffee, sheesh! It's so frustrating!

Subway opened here! Not too bad but the ranch dressing isn't really ranch! And you get a point card. Almost every place here gives you a point card. It's heavenly.

And last bit of random - everyone keeps telling me I have a small face. I guess Koreans have larger, rounder, faces? I don't know! Three people I've met within the past week have mentioned to me that I have such a small face! I'm like uhhh, thanks? What is that even supposed to mean! .... Alrighty, I'm off off to cross more things off my to-do list. Peace!

Comments

  1. Hey baby! Just thinking about you!...I read the story about the ferry crash in S. Korea :( ...be safe out there and take care of yourself! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its DaMonique btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love! Yes, the whole country is so distraught about it because the entire ferry was all high school students. So sad!

      <3

      Delete
  3. majority of the time asian people are very blunt and dont consider people's feelings when they ask or say something... that's just my opinion and experience.

    -jphan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment