Annyeonghaseyo 안녕하세요

Hellooooo out there. Annyeonghaseyo (안녕하세요) Things are good, per usual. I'm trying to stay busy.. again.. per usual. If you want to read about what I've been up to click "Read more"







baseball game: First baseball game of the season! One thing I love about sporting events in Korea is that you are allowed to buy food and drinks and bring them inside. They are not strict at all about it. Actually, a new law has just been passed where they say you cannot bring cans of beer inside. This is because some drunken fool threw cans and bottles onto the field. Apparently it's for safety. BUT it's not completely enforced seeing how my friend and I were able to bring in cans. All they do is make you put it into a paper cup, which they provide. Oh, Korea. And I'm not sure why, but it is a "thing" here to tie up an orange plastic bag (after you have filled it up with air) and tie it around your head toward the end of the game. I have never had so much fun with a plastic bag on my head. (Not that I often find myself with plastic bags on my head) We all looked ridiculous and it was seriously such a great time.


april's going away: A friend of mine, April, has left Korea and it's common practice to have going away parties for people when they leave. We went to this shnazzy bar where they played live music. April happens to know a girl in the band. It was super fun and they randomly played 'Sweet Caroline' and I have never been so happy. After the show, we headed to an after hours pub. Here, I met the owner of the bar and jokingly mentioned that I'd like to be a bartender. ANDDDD she hired me. I'm hired. Just like that. She says I have a lot of charisma. :) The money isn't great but it's fun and I think having some experience in this field could prove itself to be useful in my future as a weekend job. We know how I like to work more than one job. It's not a busy place and it's a little inconvenient to get to but it's been interesting thus far. We'll see how it goes.

middle school exams: Middle school exams are coming up and this month I have had no middle school classes so they have time to prepare for it. I guess it can be compared to the MCAS. But, maybe a little more intense. Everything regarding school in Korea is more intense than most likely everywhere else in the world. I've been working 2:00-6:10 all month. It's been a breeze. My boss is trying to gather another group of older women for me to teach so I can gain some extra cash each month. She is truly my guardian angel in this small city.

Comments