Adventures Of An Expat In Korea

"Your 20's are your selfish years. It's a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground." - Kyoko Escamilla


Well here I am. It's been a month since I've been back and working away playing real life charades with the Koreans. Time really does fly. If you want to read about what I've been up to recently, click "Read More."







language exchange: I joined a local language exchange group with other Koreans and foreigners in my town. I still need to buy my basic level Korean book but I have two nice Korean guys who are going to help me out in exchange for me to check their work e-mails. Not a bad deal if I do say so myself. A bunch of us from the group are heading to a castle this weekend in Jinju.

KIMCHI FRIES <333

holi hai: HAPPY HOLI! Holi is an Indian festival of colors. It welcomes the beginning of Spring. I headed to the beach with my favorite friendies and danced while throwing powdered color at each other. I forgot how enjoyable day drinking was. We even set off some fireworks at the beach and requested that the Korean singers on the beach sing some "megook norae" which means American music. On a side note, a horrible slang word in America for an Asian person is "gook" but I find it awfully ironic and hilarious that the word "megook" means USA in Korean. HA. Take that, Americans.


Don't worry this was split between 3 people ;)

spin class: I joined a spin class with an Asian twist. The room with the bikes has all the lights turned off but it has flashing colored lights. Sort of like a disco. I joined a freaking disco spin class. It is hilarious! I can't help myself from giggling the entire time. What a great way to work up a sweat.

tuesdays with jerrica: I have one morning class on Tuesdays with my boss' friends. We are reading and analyzing Tuesdays with Morrie. How appropriate.








Comments