Hey Seoul Sister ;)






Click "read more" to read about what I've been up to lately, including a trip to Korea's capital - Seoul!!!








volunteering: Volunteering went great. I went to a boys orphanage and the boys were rowdy but we played games and ate snacks and it was a good time. After, we went out for dinner and movie. We saw Maze Runner and had virgin cocktails. It was cool to see a movie in English while in Korea. I'm definitely going to volunteer here again.







long weekend to seoul: Me and my favorites headed to Seoul for the long weekend for Global Gathering which is an all day electronic dance music festival. Day drinking and EDM music? Living the dream. We shopped, ate delicious food (I had my first South African cuisine!) , snapchatted our lives away, and danced like there was no tomorrow. It was a beautiful day to dance all day. I eventually got separated from my friends which tends to happen to me constantly and I don't know why. I was waiting near the exit to the bathroom because I figured they would eventually have to break their seal. While waiting, I randomly bumped into the Irish girls I met from Jeju Island. What are the freaking odds?! The stadium literally had hundreds, if not thousands, of people and I bump into someone I know. It makes you wonder if you really do meet everyone for a reason. Anywho, it all worked out and we hung out and danced for hours and I eventually met up with my friends again. Successful.




random: I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING HERE SO MUCH. This is me venting about first world problems. At the register, if you don't bag your groceries (into your own bags because you have to pay for bags) at the speed of freaking light then before you know it, someone else's kimchi and tofu is being trampled onto your stuff. I mean it's nice at how efficient the lines are but it's nearly impossible to do.




I recently bought some stuff from iherb.com. Shipping to Korea is only $4!!! It's nice to see a box of Annie's cheddar bunnies in my cabinet. I wish they would ship me a taco.

If a child's tooth is loose, they don't wait for it to fall out - they go to the dentist and the dentist pulls it out. What? And there's no tooth fairy. Double what? Poor kiddos.

One girl in my class wanted to change her English name. I suggested Katie and she loved it. She is now Katie and no longer Sarah. I'm forever in her life.. that's if she doesn't decide to change her name again.





A lot of drinks here come in pouches - from coffee to fruit juices. They're so adorable and cheap. I love the variety of everything here. Fruit ade is also popular. It is fresh fruit juice but has the carbonation of a soda beverage. Absolutely marvelous.





RAH. I know there's a million things I want to inform the world about but I just can't remember them. They must just be little things like how my student's mom went away to the Netherlands for business and brought us back a box of the most delicious Belgium chocolates that I have ever eaten. I gotta start writing things down. Also, having conversations with Koreans makes me need to Google things. They really do test my intelligence. 

Happy October!




SOUTH AFRICAN FOOD. SO GODDAMN DELICIOUS.
Name rockets!


HI MY SIX YEAR OLDS ARE AMAZING.





Comments

  1. WHO are you? You are living the dream! Thank you for showing us what a really big world this is. You look like you are thriving there, what will you do next? Can't wait to see!
    Love you, Auntie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment